Discovery Kids Camp Summer 2022
Summer Pixar Party II
You are officially invited to this summer’s hottest animation party, the Summer Pixar Party II! Join Forky, Joy, and more of your favorite characters in arts and crafts, games, activities, and even swim with Nemo and Dory each week. Bring your smile and enjoy a summer of Pixar and fun.
Registration: $130/week ($105 week #3)
- Daily Drop-In: $40
Where: Washington Park Recreation Building
Specialty Camps: For specialty camps which begin at the East Valley Community Center you must drop off your child at the EVCC by the time the class begins. We will then transport your child when class is over to Washington Park so they can continue their day at camp where you can pick them up anytime. (Jr. lifeguards and Skateboarding camp are excluded)
- A structured day consisting of: announcements, activities, am and pm snack, arts-n-crafts, games, sports, lunchtime, movie day, clubs. *Pool on Fridays
Hours of Camp
- 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Parents can drop off or pick up their child at any time of the day.
- Pick up for specialty camps is at Washington Park NOT the East Valley Community Center.
- Staff get there at 6:45 a.m. but don’t open the doors until 7 a.m. and parents MUST sign their kids in, not just drop them off.
- If parents run late to pick up their child, there is a Late Fee charge given.
Week 1 Toy Story ● June 20 – 24
Week 2 Incredibles ● June 27 – July 1
Pump It Up (6/30)
Week 3 Cars ● July 5 – 8
Belmont Park (7/7)
Week 4 Monsters Inc. ● July 11 – 15
Safari Park (7/14)
Week 5 Inside Out ● July 18 – 22
Sky Zone (7/21)
Week 6 Finding Nemo/Dori ● July 25 – 29
SD Children’s Discovery Museum (7/28)
Week 7 Up ● August 1 – 5
Wave Waterpark (8/4)
- Optional FREE breakfast and lunch for all Campers and any adults under the age of 18.
- Breakfast served from 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Provided & served by Escondido Unified High School District.
- Snacks are not provided and are strongly encouraged to bring to have during our designated AM & PM snack breaks.
- Nuts are allowed at Camp.
- We’ll have tap water available for campers in IGLOOS to drink throughout the day, but campers are encouraged to bring their drinks/refillable water bottles.
- Campers will be going to the pool on Friday during "Open Swim” from 12:30-4 pm
- If there is lightning, the campers will not be going to the pool until it has stopped.
- Campers need to bring their bathing suits, towel, and shoes to walk to and from the pool.
*optional: goggles and sunblock (we’ll have sunblock available for kids to use as well)
- Mandatory, no staff will be staying behind.
- Campers must have purchased and worn their camp T-shirt to go on any field trips.
- Field trip & regular day staff to child ratio’s average is 1:10
- Lunch on field trips: Campers can either purchase in the park or carry their sack lunch in their backpacks.
- Can be purchased for $5.00
- Campers need to wear them to go on the field trip (It helps to identify which kids are ours)
- If parents have an old camp shirt from the previous year they can still re-use that shirt.